Bldg: ER 203 Room: E109
- Ph.D., Physics University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) Sept. 1993
- B.S., Physics (Cum Laude) Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH) June 1986
- Argonne National Laboratory, Environmental Research Division, Argonne, Illinois 60439, Title: Research Scientist
- Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C. 20375-5000 Condensed Matter and Radiation Sciences Division, Title:National Research Council Fellow
- U. of Notre Dame Physics Department, Notre Dame, IN 46556, Title: Research Associate
- U. of Notre dame physics department Notre Dame, IN 46556, Title: Lab Instructor
- University of Cincinnati physics department Cinn., OH 4520,Title: Research Associate
- Gordon Conference (“Environmental Bioinorganic Chemistry”) invited speaker, 2008.
- Argonne National Laboratory representative to the US DOE BER Environmental Remediation Science Division (2006-2007)
- NSLS (2005-2007) and SSRL (2000-present) Synchrotron General User Proposal Review Committee
- Session Co-convener of “New applications of synchrotron radiation in Earth and planetary sciences" of the 19th General Assembly of the International Mineralogical Association.
- Invited speaker at National Academy of Science’s workshop: “Frontiers in Soil Science Research,” 2005.
- Adjunct Professor, U. of Notre Dame, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2003-present.
- Gordon Conference (“X-ray Physics”)invited speaker, 2005.
- International Scientific Committee for the 3rd and 4th Workshop on Speciation, Techniques, and Facilities for Radioactive Materials at Synchrotron Light Sources.
- University of Notre Dame Center for Environmental Science and Technology Program Advisory Board, 2003.
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, 2000.
- Department of Energy, Office of Science Early Career Scientist Award, 2000.
- International Union of Crystallography Young Scientist Award, May, 2000.
- Journal of Synchrotron Radiation Guest Co-editor for International XAFS XI Conference, 2000.
- Visiting Scholar, University of Notre Dame Center for Environmental Science and Technology (1999-2003).
- Co-organizer of Synchrotron Environmental Science-I&II (SES-I&II) Meetings,
- Advanced Photon Source, April, 1999 & September, 2001.
- National Research Council Fellow, 1993-1996.
- Graduate Student Teacher of the year (University of Notre Dame Physics Department, 1988).
- Zahm Grant Recipient (University of Notre Dame, 1990).
- Graduate Student Union Grant Recipient (University of Notre Dame, 1989-1992).
- Xavier University Presidential Academic Scholarship (Aug. 1982 - May 1986).